Friday, September 5, 2014

DIY Invitation Ideas


As most of my readers already know, I'm pregnant and cannot wait for my little dude to arrive. My mom's friends are planning my baby shower, but I have been given a few tasks in planning the shower. One of those tasks was to make, print, and fill out invitations for the shower.

I gave it a lot of thought before I made a decision to print out anything. I wanted everything to be just perfect. Invitations are one of the major parts to planning a party whether it be a wedding, baby shower, or birthday party. So, I didn't want to take this task too lightly, but I wanted to have fun in the process.


I decided that I didn't want a cookie cutter invitation to spread the word about my little man's shower. I wanted these invitations to be intimate, personal, and most of all simple. I just had no idea where to begin or what information to include because I've never made baby shower invitations before.

I started my search on Pinterest to see different designs and what other people were doing. While everything was cute and would have been just fine, I wanted it to be more personal. So, I broke out my design skills and designed something that fit my specifications exactly.
diy invitation ideas

Here's the outcome of all of my efforts! I think that they're amazing!!

diy invitation ideas


If you're looking for diy invitation ideas here is exactly what I did.


How to Design Your Own Invitations:
  1. Sketch out the way you want your invitations to look and get a general idea of where all of the information will go.
  2. I used a pre-made invitation template kit. You can find it here. Or you can cut card stock down to fit the size of your invitations.
  3. Look up clip art on Pinterest, We Heart It, or Instagram, or design your own.
  4. Decide on the best fonts and colors.
  5. Lay out all of your information and make sure everything looks exactly the way you want it too.
  6. Add your clip art and resize it if you need too.
  7. Print out your invitations!

    If you have any questions, comments, or personal stories, feel free to share in the comments section below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...