Friday, January 3, 2014

DIY Bed Canopy

Image C/O PhotoPin

There's something about forts and canopies that give me a nostalgic, fuzzy feeling inside. I don't like cleaning up the mess, but I love them all the same. Being huddle up in a fort reading, listening to music, or even watching a movie can erase fears and worries.


Oh the possibilities are endless with bed canopies...

Bed canopies can be a great addition to any room, and they are extremely versatile. The outcome of the bed canopy depends on the material you choose and other accessories, including, twinkle lights, flowers, and garland. If you're looking for a DIY bed canopy that is easy to make an inexpensive, you have come to the right place!


Forts, bed canopies, and tepees, oh my!

I absolutely love bed canopies, tepees, forts, and tents. I guess you could say that I'm still a kid at heart. Something about the coziness of it just sounds like good times to me. I've had several bed canopies that are homemade, and I have loved every single one of them. For my current bed canopy, I decided to use twinkle lights. Actually, the lights add just enough light to watch a movie, which is perfect. The small steady twinkling of lights also adds a sort of ambiance. 

If you want to make this homemade bed canopy, here is how I made mine.

Tools and Materials:

-Embroidery hoop
-two curtain panels or a yard of fabric
-hook
-lights (optional)
-flowers (optional)
-garland (optional)


Directions:

Step 1: Open the quilting hoop and secure the window panels or fabric.
Step 2: Close the quilting hoop back.
Step 3: Place the hook on the ceiling securely. Make sure that the hook will be able to hold the weight of the fabric and hoop. If the hoop isn't securely fastened, the canopy will fall down on top of your head.
Step 4: Tuck the excess fabric around the post or secure the fabric around your bed.
Step 5: Enjoy your beautiful, new addition to your room.

If you have any questions or comments on how to make this bed canopy, feel free to leave a message below!

2 comments:

  1. I went to Uganda a few years ago and we had canopies like this to protect us from mosquitos. It was so cozy to sleep under them! Thanks for sharing with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, I love bed canopies! Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

      -Lara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...