Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Declutter Your Diet with These Five Simple Tips

Image C/O PhotoPin

Follow these simple tips to declutter your diet

I've managed to almost get down to my goal weight by incorporating small, easy changes to my diet and exercise routine, but I'm more concerned about the toxins that I put into my body on a daily basis. For instance, I drink a healthy amount of clean, fresh well water, I have cut down on sweets, and I eat less fast food. From my past failures I have found that decluttering your diet is one of the hardest things to accomplish, ever. Before you try these tips, remember to talk things over with your doctor. Any major dietary changes could lead to serious side effects, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition.

Image C/O Me!

1. Pin-point the foods and drinks that you consume on a daily basis that are bad for your health.


The first step to decluttering your diet is to find out which bad foods you cling to. Write these foods down.

I'm a big fan of sodas because I have low blood sugar and my schedule does not always allow me to eat 4-6 small meals every day. A bottle of soda will raise my blood sugar without making me stop whatever I'm doing at the time, but it really has become a problem for me. Unfortunately, sodas are extremely bad for my body. First of all, I have read that sodas are extremely bad for my teeth. Plus, they are prepackaged, sugary toxins. Did you know that CocaCola is used to clean up blood on the road after a major accident? In addition to sodas, I have an addiction to white breads, chips, and biscuits.

Image C/O PhotoPin

2. Don't cut out all of the bad foods at once.

If you try to over stretch yourself and cut out everything at once you will probably end up back at square one. So, take it slow and remember that you don't have to get rid of everything in one swoop.

If I cut out sodas, I end up with a major headache. I can't imagine what I would feel like if I cut out sodas and everything else all at once. The best way for me (and you) to declutter our diets is to take small, baby steps in the right direction.

Image C/O PhotoPin

3. Replace the bad foods with healthier options.

Most people eat bad foods because they get a craving for them. I can guarantee that there is a healthier option no matter what kind of craving you get- sweet, sour, crunchy, salty. Making the switch from the foods you're craving to their healthier options may be difficult, but after the first week all of the cravings will stop.

I love sodas (like I've said before). Well, I love soda, coffee, and pretty much anything with caffeine in it. Its something that my body just craves. Healthier drinks exist that have a fair amount of caffeine. These drinks include coffee and certain varieties of teas. Replacing my sodas with coffee or tea will help my body adjust to a healthier way of living without all of the harsh side effects of quitting cold turkey.
Image C/O Me! Some of my Fairy Tail keys that I use to motivate myself.

4. Treat yourself every now and then. 

Sticking to a strict diet can be tedious and demanding. It can also be pretty boring. So, don't forget to treat yourself every now and then. Treating yourself can be with your favorite food, or something else that doesn't have anything to do with food. Try to get a manicure, buying a new shirt, or just taking time for yourself when you complete a big dieting goal.

Image C/O Me! This is my cute puppy Lilth or Lil for short.

5. When you fall off the wagon don't beat yourself up about it.  

There isn't anyone in the world who can honestly say that they've never cheated on their diet or fallen off the wagon. Making huge dietary changes can be hard but everything that is worth doing is suppose to be hard. Falling off the wagon is only natural, especially in the beginning. The only thing that you can do is to stand up, dust yourself off, and continue to try your best.

I hope that you can use these tips to declutter your diet and start living a healthier life! Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or tips of your own below!


2 comments:

  1. Super Cute dog:) Just started clean eating as well it's always great to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I wish you all the best with your new healthy lifestyle!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...