Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Skull Necklace

As everyone may know, I love to craft pretty things. This week, I'm showing you how to make this gorgeous skull necklace! I purchased these beautiful handcrafted skulls from a local gem shop in the small, mountain town where me and the hubby had our honeymoon. I had this great idea to make the skulls into necklace pendants, and the results were great! This is honestly, one of the easiest DIYs I have ever done!

How we found the skulls for our DIY necklace.

We bought a pair that came with a story. The man who owns the shop swears that the pair of skulls always fell facing each other, like they were talking. Actually, as most great purchases go, we weren't expecting to purchase the skulls. But, they just caught our eye, and the story was just too cute. If you don't have a gemstone skull, don't worry! This tutorial can be used for a number of other gemstones! Just get creative and discover what you can come up with.


How to Make the Necklace:

What I Used:
-length of chain with clasp
-skull gemstone
-resin
-small silver finding

Tutorial

Step One 

Mix the resin according to the directions on the package.

Step Two 

Apply a small amount of resin and connect the small silver finding to the gemstone.

Step Three

Let the resin cure. For the particular type of resin that I used, I had to wait about 13 hours. To find out the cure time for your resin, check on the package.

Step Four

Slip the gemstone on the chain.

Step Five 

Enjoy your new necklace!

Try it out for yourself and let me know how your's turns out! Leave your stories and comments below!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...