Monday, February 17, 2014

Simple DIY Bracelet

Hello everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed a fantastic Valentine's Day and had a relaxing weekend. I can honestly say that this Valentine's Day was the best ever that I have had. My husband is so sweet and caring! 

He brought me tulips home then took me to Build-A-Bear to make my very own Hello Kitty! The line was long, but we enjoyed eachother's company while we waited, and it really was the perfect start to a great evening! I'm not a very romantic person so we enjoyed chicken wings, horror movies, and a few shots of vodka to really finish off our evening.

The weekend turned into a Stephen King film fest. I am a big fan of Stephen King, and all horror movies, books, and whatever else I can get my hands on! I'm pretty sure that we watched a good majority of Mr. King's movies from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. It was amazing.

Enough about my weekend! Today, I'm going to share with everyone a great little do it yourself tutorial on how to make a simple bracelet to really start your week off right!

The story behind the bracelet

Like most things, this bracelet has a story behind it. My husband is a mechanic at heart and always will be. Unfortunately, that means that I have an endless supply of nuts, bolts, and screws just laying around my house. Actually, now that we're in the new place, I'm trying to implement a new storage system for his tid-bits to keep them off of my floors and in a spot where he can find them when he needs them.

I love miniature things.

I have a deep, compassionate love for all things tiny and oversized. Honestly, I think it is because I can either feel like a fairy-sized person or a giant which is always neat. I found super small nuts in my husband's pile of randomness. Honestly, these things are SUPER cute! See, I can make even the manliest things seem girlie. I also have a deep-rooted passion for unique jewelry. So, I combined my two loves to make this super cute bracelet.

Materials you will need:


  • Tiny nuts
  • wire
  • chain
  • connectors
  • clasp
  • needle nose pliers

Instructions:


  1. Connect the three nuts together using the wire. Simply, put two together and wrap until they are secure. 
  2. Next, repeat step one two more times. 
  3. Connect the bolts to the chain using the wire and connectors.
  4. Enjoy your new bracelet!

Questions? Comments?

Feel free to leave any questions or comments in the section below!

Want to see something?

If there is some question or problem you need answered feel free to email me here. I promise that I'll reply to you as soon as possible!

Want more?

Do you want more Methodical Living? Visit me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...