Monday, March 3, 2014

Are Lists Really Productive?

-Is your to do list never ending?
-Does just looking at all of those tasks stress you out?
-Do you need something to remind you of everything that you need to do?

I know that feeling, believe me. 


To do lists can be a great thing, especially if you are always forgetting every little thing that needs to be done. But, they can cause a lot of stress to. For some people, to do lists are just a list filled with stress and things that we can't seem to find the time to complete. Personally, I love to do lists. Checking off each tasks fills me with a sense of productivity. And when I reach the end of my to do list, its like a party is going on in my head.

Let's examine the pros and cons of making lists

Pros


  • Lists help you know exactly what needs to be done.
  • With lists, you'll never forget anything.
  • Checking off tasks, fills you (or at least me) with an unbelievable amount of satisfaction.
  • With a list, we tend to focus on the details.


Cons


  • Looking over a list can produce an amazing amount of stress.
  • Sometimes, lists make us stretch ourselves too thin.
  • Lists make us lose sight of the big picture.
  • Without a list, we tend to forget things that need to be done.


The conclusion...

I will still continue to make my daily lists because they work for me. They help me get things done; so, I'm not worrying about the things that I'm forgetting. I think that the most important thing with lists is to decide the things that absolutely need to be done. Most of the time I will number my list and the first ten things on the list absolutely HAVE to get done.

What about you?

Which do you prefer- using a list or not using a list?

Questions? Comments?

Do you have any questions, comments, or personal stories to share? Please, feel free to leave any comments below!

Want more?

Love what you see? Want more of Methodical Living? Visit Methodical Living on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...