Thursday, February 27, 2014

Five Misconceptions About Organizing

Do you want to be organized but find yourself making excuses as to why you can't be bothered with the work that goes into organizing? I know, trust me, I've been there, and often find myself using these same excuses on a daily basis. Here are the most common excuses or misconceptions in regards to organizing.

Five Misconceptions About Organizing

1. Organizing is something that will take forever.

Organizing your entire home in one day will seem like a daunting, impossible task, but if you organize your home in small time spurts it will seem much more doable. Yes, organizing isn't fun for a lot of people, but it can be if you think of it as something fun. I always love to organize drawers and cabinets that I haven't been in for a while. I will always find things that I have been looking for or things that bring back great memories.
2. Organizing isn't worth the time because in a month you'll have to organize everything all over again.
I know that I have organized my car about a zillion times, but it keeps getting dirty. Do you want to know why? Because I never take the time to do ordinary, basic things, such as, taking all of my trash and throwing it away or taking unnecessary things out. Everything sort of piles up and I'm left with a huge cluttered mess. Doing the basics everyday will help you stay organized so you won't have to go back and redo what you have already done once!

3. Organizing is a specific genetic trait that you just don't possess.

I know you've seen those people with the perfect houses, clean cars, and just all around organized lives. Their houses never have a speck of dust and everything that they own has a specific place. You may think that they were just born like that. That they have a specific gene that forces them to be organized, but that isn't the case. They have learned that the best way to stay organized is to be proactive about it.

4. Organizing will require you to throw away everything that you love.

Sure, organizing requires you to throw things out, but you don't have to get rid of everything that you love and cherish. In most cases, those items have a specific use to you, and you use them regularly. Organizing simply means that you need to clear out the excess not your memories and cherished belongings. If you love that blanket, tea cup, or whatever so much, find a use for it or find a spot to keep it safe.

5. You don't have time to organize.

I'm guilty of using the excuse that I don't have time to organize that filing cabinet, drawer, or whatever. But, in reality, I spend more time shifting through unnecessary clutter and junk to find the things that I need than it would take me to organize. Think about it, have you ever misplaced your car keys, purse, or that favorite shirt? How long did you spend looking for those items? Simply organizing your house can prevent all of that wasted time because everything will have a designated spot.

Questions? Comments?

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below!

Want to see something?

Is there something that you want to see here on Methodical Living? Well, if there is, feel free to email me here with whatever you want to see, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Want more?

Do you want more of Methodical Living? Follow Methodical Living on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates, pictures, and information!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...