Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Craft Organization

Has crafting become a major addiction?


Do you continuously hoard crafting supplies?


Has your addiction become too much for you to handle?


I feel the need to stand up and say” Hello, my name is Lara, and I'm addicted to crafts.”

Which of course translates into my house cannot hold anymore beads, wires, fabric, lace, paint, or anything else.
organize your crafts

Craft Organization Can Be A Nightmare

Crafting is a great way to make inexpensive substitutes for things that would normally cost a small fortune, and its a great way to relieve stress. Plus, crafting always fills me with a sense of accomplishment.

The only problem is that I struggle to find a way to organize my crafts. Once I had a duffle bag where I stored everything. It was great for a starter. I could move it around, and it was never in my way, but my supplies out grew the bag. In fact, the duffle bag had to be retired because the seams popped open, and it became a huge mess.
Organizing your craft supplies

How to Organize Your Crafts Like a Pro

I would like to say that my craft organization is no where near perfect, yet. But it is getting there. If you have the same problem I'll share a few tips with you on how I started to organize my crafts.

  1.  Find a place where you want to store all of your crafts. I decided to use an old dresser that I will eventually re-do.
  2. Gather all of your crafts together in one place.
  3. Start gathering your crafts into different groups, such as, art, fabric, ribbons, knitting,ect.
  4. Cut all of the excess out. If that glue stick is out of date, just toss it. If you have too much of a certain thing, donate the excess or give it to a friend.
  5. Grab lots of containers. Don't worry, your containers don't have to be expensive or fancy, you can use old shoe boxes or dollar store containers. 
  6. Start throwing specific piles of stuff into containers. You can even label your containers so you will never have to paw through stuff to find the supplies you need.
  7. When you find other supplies lurking in the corner of your closet or your drawers, stack them in a pile and sort through them.

Organize your crafts

Organizing doesn't happen over night, but with a little elbow grease and hard work you will be able to organize all of your crafts.

Questions? Comments?

I hope that these tips will help you to organize your craft supplies! Feel free to leave any questions, comments, or ideas of your own in the comment section below! 

2 comments:

  1. That is a job that I need to do... it is an ongoing job as we accumulate or use up more supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gentle Joy, it was definitely a huge job! I just couldn't stand looking at the mess anymore. I really need to work on using up more of my crafts- especially the beads. :)

      -Lara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...