I am extremely excited to say that Methodical Living has been nominated for the Liebster award! I feel so blessed to be able to accept this nomination. I put so much thought into each of my posts and I hope that at least one person can be positively impacted by my blog.
I would like to thank Laurie from House Full of Littles for this nomination. If you are a mother in need of encouragement, go check out her blog!
Now I am going to answer all of the questions that Laurie asked, and I will be asking some questions of my own to my nominees.
- What is your favorite quote? I love the Beatles and their lyrics have always spoken to me on a personal level."When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? There are so many foods that I adore, but I would definitely have to pick the Cajun Chicken Alfredo pasta that my husband and I make. Its so delicious and about a million calories. I'd probably die of a heart attack a few months after eating just that- its pretty fattening, but all the good foods are, aren't they?
- If you had an extra $10,000 what would you do with it? If I had an extra $10,000 I would pay off most of my debt/bills and start up my dream Etsy shop. The last part will happen eventually, I promise! I know that paying off my bills and some of my debt doesn't sound exciting but it would relieve a lot of stress just knowing that I didn't have to worry about it!
- What charity/cause is important to you and why? There are so many charities that are important to me that it is hard to choose just one. If I had to choose I would have to pick any one dedicated to preserving the lives of pit bulls. These gentle dogs get a pretty bad rep from the media and nay sayers. Owning pit bulls, I can personally say that they are sweet, gentle dogs that only want to be loved.
- What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is definitely Pulp Fiction and has been for years. Its pretty sad, I can recite the movie and do some of the voices- step aside Samuel L. Jackson.
- Who has been the most supportive person in your life? I have a lot of fairly supportive people in my life, but there has only been one person that has stood by my side and supported me: my husband. We've been together for almost seven years and honestly he feels more like an extension of myself than a separate person. No matter what I do or don't do he is there for me and I can't thank him enough for the endless amount of support he has given me.
- What is your greatest accomplishment so far? My greatest accomplishment so far is being able to carry my son for seven months- only three more months left until he makes his debut! I'm positive that my life will be completely different after he arrives, but I'm sure that everything will be better because of him.
- What is a random fact about you that not many people are aware of? I have a weird amusement with things that are over sized or undersized. For example, close to where I live resides a big chair. Seriously, this thing is huge and you need a ladder to even sit in it. I just love feeling really tiny or really big.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? My biggest pet peeve is when people smack their lips when they eat. Nothing is more annoying to me. I just can't take it!
- How has blogging impacted your life? Blogging has affected my life in so many ways. For starters, I have learned a lot about myself through posting, and I've been able to pretty much find my voice. Plus, my house looks loads better now that I have really thought out great ways to stop all of the mind numbing clutter!
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
- Melissa from http://thefarmgirlgabs.com/ for delicious recipes, farm life, and family.
- Victoria from http://www.raisingisla.com/?m=1 sharing posts about life.
- Fernanda from http://cookandmove.com/ a bilingual blog sharing healthy recipes.
- Amber from http://www.adventurehollow.blogspot.ca/ where learning is made into an adventure.
- Fleur de Lolly from http://www.fleurdelolly.blogspot.com/ to get new recipes.
- Megan from http://whomerun.com/ to live a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- Melanine from http://chitownstarconnections.wordpress.com/ to learn everything there is to know about Chicago.
Okay, fellow bloggers here are your questions:
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- Who is the most influential person in your life?
- What is your favorite desert?
- If you could own any animal, what would it be?
- I'd like to believe that there are two types of people in the world Beatles fans and Elvis fans. Which one are you? True, there are people who like both but typically everyone likes one a little more than the other.
- What is your proudest moment?
- If you could have dinner with any celebrity, politician, or other influential person (alive or dead) who would you choose?
- What is your absolute favorite book?
- If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would you settle down?
- What have you learned since starting your blog?