Monday, September 29, 2014

How to Clean a Stove Top


This morning I tackled a major cleaning problem that had been haunting me for weeks. This morning I cleaned my stove top. And successfully too might I add! As you can probably tell, I'm very excited about my accomplishment.


Last time I attempted to clean the stove top I was completely unsuccessful. It was a horrifying realization that just a basic cleaner cannot get everything off of my well used stove. All of the oil and gunk just refused to come off. I'm pretty sure that the gunk and oil had formed some sort of vicious plan against my cleaning efforts. So, I decided to try a different method with a few of my favorite cleaning products.
Before... It was a gross mess. 
During, still a gross mess...

After, a 100% clean stove top!

What You Need to Clean a Stove Top:

Baking Soda
Hydrogen Peroxide
Simple Cleaner ( I used a degreaser)
A nasty, dirty stove top

Directions on How to Clean a Stove Top:


  1. Cover your stove top in baking soda.
  2. Pour a little bit of hydrogen peroxide on the baking soda.
  3. Let this mix sit for at least 20 minutes.
  4. Wipe down your stove top.
  5. Spray your stove top with the basic cleaner to get rid of any left over gunk.


Do you have any questions or comments on how to clean the gunk off of your stove top feel free to leave them in the comments section below.


If you would like to see something on Methodical Living or need some organizing advice feel free to email me at methodicalliving@yahoo.com!


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I am pinning it so I can give it a shot the next time my stove top is all yucky!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, thank you so much for stopping by and sharing! I plan on joining your blog hop again! :-)

    -Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used baking soda for years. I find you need to put some scrubbing into it. I've never tried hydrogen peroxide.

    If you have pieces that are removable, here's another way to do it. Take the pieces that you can remove and put them into a trash bag in your garage or outside. Add a 1/2 cup of ammonia. Tie it up good and leave it overnight. Be very careful opening it up as the fumes are toxic. Don't do it in the house. I did this with some gas grill grates and after sitting overnight, 95% of the black marks just wiped clean. The rest took a little scrubbing, but they looked brand new afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for your tips! I'll definitely give them a try. As for the hydrogen peroxide I believe that mixing it with the baking soda adds a bubbly effect and sort of lifts the grime right off. I had to scrub a little but nothing compared to my previous attempts. :)

      -Lara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...