Wednesday, October 15, 2014

How to Organize Your Linen Closet

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope that everyone is enjoying their week so far. Over the weekend, I tackled an organization obstacle that has been haunting my dreams for weeks- my linen cabinet.



Over the months of moving into my home, I had just piled my linen closet with everything and that caused a huge problem. I could not even see what I had because of the piles of junk and miscellaneous stuff.


I cannot believe how easy it was to get my linens organized and tidy. It literally took only fifteen minutes or less, and now I know everything that lurks in my linen closet.


Here's how you can organize your linen closet too:


  1. Take everything out of your closet or cabinet.
  2. Access what really belongs in your closet.
  3. Take all of your fitted sheets and flat sheets and fold them up neatly. Then place them in a matching pillow case.
  4. Organize everything that actually belongs in the closet.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section below! I love to hear your feedback. :)

If there is something that you would like to see on Methodical Living, feel free to email me at methodicalliving@yahoo.com.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this! I love the "take everything out" method. I wrote a post about organizing linens - but not just in the closet. http://thismomgrowsup.blogspot.com/2012/01/organizing-and-laundering-your-linens.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, my linen closet was definitely a mess! I had to do this article to get everything back in its place! :-)

      -Lara

      Delete
  2. I just bought a four foot folding table for a large family dinner today, but my second reason for buying it is to be able to bring it to whatever area I am decluttering to put everything on when I clear out drawers or cabinets, or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia, thats a great idea! Usually I just toss everything on the counters- that gives me an incentive to not walk away and forget about my decluttering! :)

      -Lara

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...