Monday, December 9, 2013

Handmade Gifts or Store Bought Gifts?

Images C/O PhotoPin {1}{2}{3}

Tis the season.

The time of gift giving, good food, and holiday cheer is looming ever closer. Yes, Christmas is almost here. Personally, I do not care about presets or materialistic things at this point in my life. Honestly, I'm just happy to gather together with all of my family members, share a delicious meal, and be thankful that I am able to make memories with great people. But unfortunately, Christmas is known for giving and receiving gifts. 

Last year's presents.

Over the past few years I have made my family and friends Christmas presents. Before that I would just go out and buy a bunch of gift cards, candles, or smell good stuff because my family is pretty big. Plus, more than a few of my family members are hard to shop for. Last year, my husband and I made chalk board mugs and completed the presents by putting chalk and hot chocolate in their mugs. Everyone seemed to love their mugs, and it made me really happy. I was happy to see that I could make something with my hands that they could keep and cherish for years to come. I shared the DIY tutorial on how to make the mugs on my old blog which is now shut down. I plan on posting the tutorial on this blog this week because it is really easy, and the outcome is quite amazing. 

This year's presents.

This year, I'm excited to say the hubster and I are giving our family and friends beer glasses that we have made into actual drinking glasses. Then, we are filling the cups with homemade goodies and treats. I plan on posting, and DIY tutorial on this as well just as soon as I finish all of the glasses. I must admit that this is a great project and hopefully the family will have as much fun drinking from their glasses as we did making them. 

My opinion regarding handmade gifts

In my humble opinion, handmade gifts are a hundred times better than any store bought gift. With that being said, I generally prefer to give and receive handmade gifts because they add a certain personal touch that store bought gifts just can't. 

My opinion regarding store bought gifts

Sure store bought gifts are great when you are in a bind for time; as is, just handing out gift cards or money. But if you're really looking for a gift to wow and dazzle a loved one, making it with your own two hands shows more thoughtfulness, caring, and dedication. 

Have a question, comment, or story to share?

If you have any opinions or comments, feel free to let loose in the section below! I'd love to hear everyone's opinion regarding handmade and store bought gifts. Do you prefer a gift card or do you prefer something that has been made by a loved one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...