Are you tired of looking at boring, white walls? Adding a personal touch to your home can be easy and inexpensive. Here is a great do it yourself tutorial to make eye candy for your walls. Try making these babies in different colors and add a pop of color to brighten your home and day. I wrote up a tutorial last year and shared it on my blog, but I've taken that particular post down; so, here is the new updated tutorial.
I made these babies a year ago, and they have provided a cheery spot on one of the walls of my bedroom ever since. I've been wanting to get them framed, but they seem to be great without the frames! They add a fantastic pop of color and elegance. Plus, they are super easy and inexpensive to make.
Here is what you will need for this tutorial:
-two different colors of spray paint (in any colors your want)
-a place to safely paint without getting any paint on yourself or your car
1. Find a place to safely paint without getting any paint on yourself, house, or your car. Also, make sure that the weather is spray paint friendly. If the wind is blowing too hard you may want to wait for more favorable weather.
2. Paint your canvases the base color. I chose red because I only had red and white spray paint. Wait 15-20 minutes for your base color to dry.
3. Tape lace to the canvases and make sure that the lace is smooth and straight. Make sure that the lace is securely taped to the back of the canvases so that it will not move and smear the paint.
4. Spray your canvases with the top color.
5. Set the canvases in a safe place and wait for 45 minutes to an hour for your top color to completely dry.
6. Hang up your canvases.
7. Enjoy your new canvases and the new pop of color in your home!
I hope that everyone enjoys this tutorial. Feel free to leave all of your questions and comments below! Also, if you make these share your experiences below.