Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Drawer Organizers

Happy Monday everyone! I hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend. The hubby and I finally had two days to just kick back and relax; which, we did to some extent. We also used the time to do a few things that we had been putting on the back burner for some time. The hubby spent his time working on his truck. He installed a new stereo and speakers. I spent some time dreaming up more great organizing tips and tricks, such as, the drawer organizers that I will be sharing with you today.


Declutter Your Kitchen Drawers

This is another post in the Organize It: Organize and Declutter Your Kitchen series.
Are your drawers cluttered, unorganized, and hard to open?
My kitchen drawers were looking a little rough. All of my kitchen utensils were scattered everywhere, and it was getting hard for me to find anything. Honestly, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I knew that I had a large cardboard box that was taking up room in my house, and I didn't want to throw out something that could be repurposed. So, I decided to make some drawer organizers out of cardboard.

The Downfall of Cardboard Organizers

Apparently, cardboard attracts bugs, and will not hold up for very long. So, these organizers are only temporary. I had planned on painting them, but since they are just going to be in my drawer for a little while, I decided to not waste the paint. The hubby and I are planning on making some wooden organizers using the cardboard organizers as a template. But for now, my kitchen drawer is nice, tidy, and organized.

How to Make Drawer Organizers

Tools:

-Exacto Knife
-Cardboard
-Pencil

What to do:

1. Clean out your drawer.
2. Cut out one big side of your box.
3. Measure the inside of your drawers.
4. Draw out each piece on your box using the measurements that you just took. Make sure that your lines are straight!
5. Cut out all of the pieces.
6. Put each piece in your drawer and size everything up.
7. Cut slits in every piece so that they go together perfectly.
8. Trim all pieces if they do not fit right.
9. Put everything back in your drawer!

Presto! Your drawers are clean, organized, and decluttered!

Feel free to leave a question or comment below!

If you would like to see something on Methodical Living shoot me an email and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...