Halloween is just around the corner and you know what that means? It means that a flock of little children will be rushing to your door looking for treats and goodies to celebrate this beloved holiday. I know that candy is the popular choice among pretty much everybody and children have come to expect sugar laden goodies, but candy is not the only thing that children will love.
Here are ten great alternatives to candy that children and parents will love.
- Pencils: Pencils are a great alternative to Halloween candy. Pencils, pens, and erasers are not only a great candy alternative but they are also practical. The beginning of the school year is still new and all of the kids are looking for new, cool school gear. Plus, school gear is way cheaper than candy!
- Trading cards: Trading cards are cheap, easy, and perfect for Halloween. Check out all different types of trading cards online and get a wide variety for the kiddos to pick and choose from!
- Crayons: Crayons are similar to pencils. They are a practical way to celebrate Halloween and make the kiddos happy. Crayons are something that kids can carry to school and actually use. Plus, they love love crayons almost as much as candy!
- Fruit (apples, bananas, or oranges): Fruit is not a very popular choice among kids. But parents will love you for it and honestly, the kids will have more than enough candy on Halloween. Personally, I remember that I loved getting apples or oranges as a kid, but my views were not very popular.
- Mini coloring books: Mini coloring books are a great way to unleash creativity in every child. And what better alternative to candy is there than creativity? Small coloring books can be bought in bulk at the dollar store or online for just a few bucks which is definitely cheaper than any kind of candy. Plus, creativity doesn't cause cavities, and parents will love that!
- Trail Mix:Trail mix is a tricky subject. There are a lot of children with allergies; so, be sure that you correctly label your trail mix or make sure the children do not have any allergies to the mix before handing it out. But, trail mix is healthier than candy and can still satisfy a sweet tooth.
- Stickers: Stickers are probably my favorite alternative to candy this Halloween. What kid doesn't love stickers? Heck, I love stickers and I'm a grown woman, haha. Plus, stickers are a pretty cheap way to make the little ones happy. You can pick up at least a dozen sheets of stickers for just a couple of bucks.
- Party favors: Party favors are cheap and easy. Plus, the kids love spider rings, vampire teeth, and little games. These favors can be picked up for just a few bucks and are definitely a lot cheaper than candy!
- Glow sticks: Glow sticks are not only a “cool” alternative to candy, but they also keep the kiddies safe while they are collecting all of those sugar laden goodies. Glow sticks are not as cheap as other alternatives but they are a great choice! (link?)
- Temporary Tattoos: Kids absolutely LOVE temporary tattoos- I know that I did when I was small. Temporary tattoos make a kid feel “cool” but come right off with some soapy water. Also, you can pick up some temporary tattoos without breaking the bank.