Friday, October 31, 2014

Five Activities for Halloween

Halloween is a great time for children to gather tons of sugary treats, gather together, and dress up as ghouls and goblins. There are a lot of ways to celebrate this spooktacular holiday apart from knocking on the doors of strangers to get candy or exploring a cheesy haunted house. Here are my top five ways to spend Halloween.

Five Activities for Halloween

Carving Pumpkins: Carving pumpkins are a tradition that is celebrated by pretty much everyone across the nation. Personally, I am no good at making a pumpkin a great work of art. If you lack the creative skill for carving a great, big pumpkin do not let that stop you from celebrating this time long tradition every Halloween.

Watching Scary Movies: Watching scary movies on Halloween night is by far my favorite tradition. I can watch scary movies pretty much any time of the year, but Halloween is the best because of the spook factor. I just love cuddling up with my hubby, a huge bowl of popcorn, and my favorite slasher flicks. What are some of your favorite scary movies?

Bonfires: Bonfires were never really a thing until I met my husband. Actually, my husband is The Best Fire Builder. We've enjoyed fires in the rain- that's how good he is. I love bonfires and making s'mores, especially during fall. Its the best way to stay warm and enjoy some sugary treats too!

Hayrides: As a kid, I enjoyed many hayrides with my family. We would throw huge Halloween parties and ride around with a trailer filled with hay. There is no better way to celebrate Halloween and trick or treat with little kids than with a hayride.

Corn Mazes: Corn mazes are great! Its a maze made completely out of corn. And who doesn't love corn? I've been too quite a few and with my bad sense of direction I have to cheat to find my way out. Then, I get yelled at by the workers, but it is well worth it. Check online to find the best corn mazes in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...