Wednesday, November 19, 2014

How to Make Your House Smell Good

Good morning all of you lovely people! Today, I want to focus on the holidays and how to make your home smell good. The holidays are looming closer and closer. I love this time of the year and I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. The fact that I can get together with my family and friends to enjoy great food and share even better memories fills my entire body with warmth and good feelings.

how to make your house smell good

The Scent of the Holidays

Smells have a funny way of bringing back memories and I associate those delicious smells of turkey, cranberries, and other goodies with the holidays. Sometimes I want to enjoy those delicious smells of the holidays but I don't want to do all of that work. So, here is a great way to fill your house with the delicious smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas with just a few simple ingredients.

How to Make Your Home Smell Good

how to make your house smell good

What You Need:

  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Cinnamon and Sugar
  • Cinnamon Sticks
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Oranges
  • Crushed Cloves

What to do:

  1. Mix the ingredients above in a large pan with water.
  2. Let the mixture simmer on low.
  3. Be sure to check up on the water every so often and add more as needed.
  4. Enjoy the smell of the holidays throughout your entire house.

What holiday smells are your favorite? How do you make your home smell good? I love reading all of your lovely replies so feel free to leave any comments, questions, or personal stories in the comment section below!

If you would like to see something featured on Methodical Living please send me an email at Methodicalliving@yahoo.com and I will do my best to have a post up as soon as possible!

If you would like more of Methodical Living follow me on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...