Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY Plate Shelf

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone is enjoying my Kitchen Organization series, and are using these tips, tutorials, and tricks to revamp, declutter, and organize your kitchen. My kitchen is looking a lot better, and I'm able to find everything that I need, when I need it. There's no more searching around for random tools, utensils, and other things.



The tutorial that I'm going to share with you in this post is one that I've put off for way too long. This tutorial will show you how to make a plate shelf that you can simply put in your shelf, and you'll instantly have an extra shelf! I've found that an extra shelf in my cabinet adds a lot more much needed space.


Tools:
-Wood
-Screws
-circular saw
-drill with the appropriate bit
-Clamps
-Stain or paint




Directions:
-Measure the space in your cabinet and get a width and height. I did this by putting my large plates in the cabinet and measuring how tall and wide they were.
-Cut your wood accordingly. You will have three pieces of wood: one as a base and the other two will serve as legs. Be sure to calculate the width of the wood into your calculations, or your shelf may not fit into your cabinet.
-Take your clamps, and clamp your pieces together.
-Screw the three pieces together.
-Stain or paint the shelf, and sit it aside to dry.

-Put the shelf in your cabinet and stack up your dishes!

If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...